Wednesday, November 21, 2012

matchbox collage DIY

matchbox5
I was on Pinterest this morning and came across this pin (via HelloSandwich) of cute, decorated matchboxes and it inspired me to make my own. So of course I had to make a blog post about it! Here is my own tutorial for making a pretty, matchbox decoration.

painted matchbox
First, paint your matchbox. I painted mine a dusty, light blue.

matchbox2
Gather some little things to assemble in the matchbox. I think you all know about my love of cats, so it's no surprise that I painted a mini one to add to this. I also used washi tape, a small quote I printed out, and some seed beads.

matchbox3
Start putting it all together! I found it easiest to use a pair of tweezers to arrange the things in the box.

matchbox4
Attach a string to the top, and it is ready to hang! If you don't want to use it as a wall decoration, how about making a winter themed one to hang on your Christmas tree? (Actually, I might do that next!)

matchbox5
I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving break! Luckily I don't have much homework, so I'm going to try to get the rest of my college applications finished and do lots of crafting in between! ♥

No comments :

Post a Comment