Saturday, July 19, 2014

galaxy postcards DIY

galaxy postcards
I've got another mail related post for you today! I am fascinated by galaxies (and anything having to do with space, really), and I think they are really fun to paint. I created these galaxy postcards after I was inspired by Elisa's galaxy notebook!

postcards
Elisa has great instructions for making a galaxy pattern, so check out her tutorial!

galaxy painting
To make these postcards, I cut out a postcard sized rectangle from watercolor paper (because it's stiffer than card stock). Then I applied different shades of blue and purple with a sponge, and added some white "stars" with a small paintbrush. I modpodged the top and drew a postcard design on the back with a black pen.

postcard
On the bottom, I wrote a line from one of my favorite poems by Andrea Gibson.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
xoxoJordan

13 comments :

  1. adorable to the infinite! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, Jordan! And your galaxy is so much better than mine! ♥
    Have a wonderful week-end, bisous! ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, I loved your galaxy design! So thank you for the inspiration! Lots of love xoxo

      Delete
  4. This is very beautiful, and veru successful !
    I'm going to try it, thanks fot the idea ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it, have fun making them! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card design; breathe has an e on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you create your own postcards, you want to know that your finished product will look and feel the part. So choose a provider with expertise in postcard printing, who can deliver an excellent product. cheap post card printing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone that sent me a card, some email addresses were not real clear so haven't been able to get that personal thank you out. postcard printing

    ReplyDelete